Potato Chips, Snack Mix, and Multipacks Recalled
Frito-Lay has issued a recal of Jalapeno Flovored Lay's Kettle Cooked chips and Miss Vickie's Kettle Cooked chips. Reportedly, the seasoning may be contaminated with salmonella. The voluntary recall does not affect any other flavors. There have been no reports of illness. If you bought a single bag or a multi-pack, check the dates. According to the FDA he specific packages involved are:
- All sizes of the following two products that have a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior printed on the front upper panel of the package:
- Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips
- Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked potato chips
- All of the following multipack offerings that have a “use by” date of JUN 20 or prior printed on the multipack package. In addition, a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior is printed on the front upper panel of the individual recalled product packages inside each multipack offering. Any other products or flavors contained in these multipacks are not being recalled.
- 12 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Sack
- 20 count Frito-Lay Bold Mix Sack
- 30 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Tray
- 30 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Tray
- 32 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Box
Consumers who have purchased these recalled products are advised not to consume them. Frito-Lay is working with the FDA on this recall to ensure the recalled products are removed from store shelves and are no longer distributed.
Consumers can contact Frito-Lay Consumer Relations at 866-272-9393 for additional information from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. For product reimbursement, consumers can visit www.jalapenochiprecall.com.
Read more about this recal HERE.