10 Things You Don’t Know About Steve Wiley
Steve Wiley and I worked together many years ago, before we both came back to the radio at Cool 96 in 1994. We played fish in a commercial once in the ’80’s – I wish I could remember what the product was! I also ran into Steve about twenty years ago when he was working at Color Tile. We were remodeling a bathroom and I made him search the world over to find the last handful of matching tiles in the universe. Truly a gentleman, he was gracious, as always! We joke about Steve’s bachelor status, but if you ever doubted us, read #1 in my list of 10 Things You Don’t Know About Steve Wiley:
- He was once named one of Acadiana’s 10 most eligible singles by the Times of Acadiana.
- He was elected president of his 9th grade class.
- He played The Wizard of Oz in a school play.
- He’s lived in 3 different states (Louisiana, Colorado, New York.)
- His first job in radio paid $80 a week.
- He once worked in a paper mill.
- He sold bedroom furniture to a guy who played in a Super Bowl.
- He helped build a man made lake.
- He worked as a lifeguard.
- He loves to watch the “Golden Girls.”