Costco Secrets You Might Not Know About
Costco is a really fun place to shop, and if you are a member, you probably know how awesome it is. The great customer service, fantastic bargains, and major free samples on the weekends make it a destination for lots of families looking to save money. But there are some Costco secrets from Bestproducts.com that you might be surprised at, and you can check out some of our favorites below. And you can find me by the cheese aisle this weekend, y'all...
- The company loses about $4-$5 million a year on keeping those plump rotisserie chickens at $4.99 a pop, and they sell about 157,000 every day
- Costco could be considered one of the largest pizza chains in the US, with over 400 locations selling the fresh, hot pies. They are only slightly behind Cici's and Chuck E. Cheese as far as quantity of retail locations goes.
- They really take care of their employees. According to Bloomberg, the average Costco employee makes about $20.89 an hour
- The people who hand out those tasty samples are usually not employees, but third party contract workers.
- You don't need a card for everything in the store. You can use the optician and pharmacy services without being a member.
- You also don't need to be a member to purchase alcohol in the store. Just ask for a Temporary Alcohol Pass at Customer Service to gain your way into the store
- A wedding was once held in the frozen food section at the Santa Maria, California store. Robert and Meredith Bonilla got permission from the corporate bigwigs to get married at the very store they met at.
- The aisles aren't labeled for a reason. The merchandise is constantly being moved around, in hopes that you will peruse the store and buy more.
- The biggest selling item in the store is toilet paper, and last year Costco made $400 million just on this one product.
- You can bring up to 2 guests with you each time you go into the store.