We should be reminded of this.

Cooler temperatures are here and they'll be around for the next few months. With that said, many are using space heaters to warm their house.

Reminder, you should NEVER plug a space heater into a power strip. The strip cannot handle the amount of current pulled by the heater, thus power strips can melt or catch fire.

This fire department posted this photo to remind all of us to never plug a heater into a power strip during the winter months. Here's what happened at fire station.

Be safe this winter and NEVER plug your space heater into these strips.

More From 99.9 KTDY