Things to Make With Cake Mix That Aren’t Actually Cake
America is just now coming out of the quarantine fog that's been keeping us inside for several weeks (months). And a lot of us have become gourmet chefs over the course of this spring. By necessity. Well, I don't know about you, but in my family we came up with a whole bunch of new recipes to try that we normally would not have had time to make. And they might become our new favorites, who knows.
One of my go-to spots for new food ideas has always been Delish, and they recently published something that is so cool that I just had to share. Its amazing things you can make with cake mix that aren't actually cake. Genius. Because I am all about the sweet treats. Some of my favorites are below, but make sure you check out the entire list. Summer is basically here, and you're probably going to need some confections to (hopefully) share with family and friends in the next couple of months. Bon Appétit!
- Red Velvet Waffles - red velvet is a southern delight, for sure
- Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches - perfect for sitting out by the pool
- Birthday Cake Shots - if someone in your family has a summer birthday, make these
- Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes - the chocoholic in your life will adore these
- Birthday Cake Flavored Soft Pretzels - Oh my, I'm making these this weekend
- Cake Mix Brownies - really dense and creamy, and so easy to make, especially if you add your favorite mix-ins
- Cheesecake Cake Batter Dip - having a party? Think how impressed your guests will be when you whip this one out
- Cake Batter Whipped Cream - for that special occasion touch
- Funfetti Milkshake - your little ones are going to lovvvvve this one
- Pumpkin Cake Cinnamon Rolls - oh.em.gee. these look delicious