An electrical malfunction is to blame for a weekend house fire near Scott.

Firefighters responded to the mobile home in the 1100 block of Lebesque Road around 3 p.m. Sunday.

According to investigators, the fire started in a bedroom. Nobody was home when that fire began. The bedroom sustained major damage. The rest of the house sustained minor damage.

The Carencro, Duson, and Lafayette Fire Departments assisted Scott firefighters with extinguishing and investigating the fire.

10 Must-Drive Roads in Acadiana


Prevent Hurricane Anxiety By Prepping Now


70 Google Maps Images That Show How Much Lafayette Has Changed

More From 99.9 KTDY