Fellas, you can totally weigh in too!

Summertime is here and if you're like me, you are rocking a messy ponytail pretty much daily. I tend to get hot easily and since it's still frowned upon to be sweaty in public, I try to keep my hair off of my neck to stay cool. I prefer to use the same old hair tie that is stretched out to the perfect length to lock my hair in place with one twist.

Notice I used the words "hair tie" to describe this device.

However, not everyone calls this stretchy band a hair tie. Some call it a ponytail holder or a hair elastic or a hair band. I've even heard these called scrunchies. No, no. Scrunchies went out a long time ago, just ask Carrie Bradshaw. And no, they're not coming back.

So, what do you call these things? Do you think it's a regional thing? Or do we all just pick up where our mothers (or fathers with their man buns) left off?

More From 99.9 KTDY