Christmas Events Taking Place Around Lafayette
Christmas is right around the corner so I have created a list of events that will be taking place around Acadiana.
Here is a listing of some of those events:
- Mistletoe and Moss Holiday Market is a holiday market with crafts, food, and more. The event will be held from 11 am to 4 pm under the Hwy. 90 Bridge in Morgan City
- The Crowley Christmas Parade is set for Thursday, December 2 at 6 pm in downtown Crowley.
- Christmas in the Village will be held on December 4 from 5 pm - 10 pm at the Loreauville Town Hall on Main St. Loreauville by St. Joseph Catholic Church. For more information visit their Facebook page.
- Annual Carencro Country Christmas will be on Dec. 4, 2021, sponsored by Carencro Business Association. The event is from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Community Center, 5115 N. University Avenue. The event will feature arts & crafts, food, choirs, and holiday entertainment.
December 3- December 23
- Noel Acadien Au Village 2021 is happening at Acadian Village from 5:30- 9 pm. Tickets are $9.00 apiece and anyone two years and under is admitted for free. You can purchase tickets here.
- The Sonic Christmas parade is set for December 5, 2021. The parade will roll at 1 p.m. and travel from Downtown Lafayette to the Oil Center.
- Tri-City Youth Theatre's Christmas performance of Rudolf Rides Again Children's Play will be held at 6:30 pm at the Municipal Auditorium in Morgan City.
- Marine Corps Band Toys for Tots Christmas Concert with free admission will be held at 7 pm at the Municipal Auditorium in Morgan City.
- Delcambre's 34th annual Main Street Christmas Parade will be held on December 12, 2021, at 2 pm. Email Krystal Olivier to enter a float at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City of Patterson Annual Christmas Street Parade will be held at 2 p.m. down Hwy. 182 Main Street in Patterson. Contact 985-395-5205 for more information.
December 16 - December 29
- Moncus Park kicks off its opening season with a holiday celebration, Christmas in the Park. The 12-night seasonal event will take place from Thursday, December 16 to Wednesday, December 29, 2021, from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. excluding Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- The live entertainment that will take each night will vary in time, lasting from 30 minutes to more than two hours in length. In lieu of a live performance, on Sunday, December 19, the event will feature the holiday classic film, Elf, on the big screen.
Thurs, 12/16, 7:00 PM Comeaux High School Choir, 8:00 PM Walter Wolfman Washington
Fri, 12/17, 7:00 PM North Vermilion High School Choir, 8:00 PM Souled Out
Sat, 12/18, 7:00 PM Choir, 8:00 PM Wayne Toups
Sun, 12/19, 7:00 PM ELF (movie night)
Mon, 12/20, 7:00 PM Corale Des Amis, 8:00 PM Blue Monday Allstars w/Roddie Romero & Michael Juan Nunez
Tues, 12/21, 7:00 PM Local Choir, 8:00 PM Dyer Country
Wed, 12/22, 7:00 PM Local Choir, 8:00 PM Josh Leblanc + Nicki Needham
Thurs, 12/23, 7:00 PM Caroling w/Dave Trainer, 8:00 PM The Good Dudes
Sun, 12/26, 7:30 PM Chubby Carrier
Mon, 12/27, 7:30 PM Kelli Jones + The Lindas
Tue, 12/28, 7:30 PM Ray Boudreaux
Wed, 12/29, 7:30 PM Rebirth Brass Band
- Prepaid ticket prices are $10 per person.
- Tickets are available at the door for $15 and can be paid by cash or credit card.
- Additional ticketing options include family passes that include tickets for five and close parking for $55.
- VIP Tickets include access for two to the VIP tent, four complimentary drinks, and on-site parking for $150.
- All family passes and VIP tickets must be purchased in advance.
- All general admission tickets include free parking at Cajun Field with a short shuttle ride to and from Moncus Park
- Eunice will have a parade of lights on December 16th at 6 pm. Nonprofits, businesses, civic groups, interest groups, and more are invited to participate in this evening.
Broussard's Annual Christmas Parade
Broussard's Annual Christmas Parade will start at 3 pm on Saturday, December 4th, 2021. There will be a Papa Noël's Market which will include Food, Games, and Tree Lighting. The event is from 3 pm to 7 pm at the Broussard City Hall located at 310 E. Main Street in Downtown Broussard.
The City of Broussard would also like to remind all of you of the road closures that day.
Morgan Street will be closed 2-4 pm from Albertson Parkway to Main Street.
Main Street, from St. Cecilia School to Arceneaux Park will be closed from 2-4 pm, and from S. Washington to Lafayette St. from 2-7 pm.
Railroad Street will be closed at S. Washington & S. Morgan from 2-7 pm; however, those needing access for business will be allowed entry.
Polk Street from Main St. to E. Madison will be closed from 2-7 pm.