Enfamil Baby Formula Pulled After Infant Dies
Walmart has pulled a batch of baby formula off its shelves after a baby died. Ten-day-old Avery Cornett of Missouri fell ill with a rare bacterial infection and died on Sunday. The rare infection can possibly come from contaminated powdered infant formula.
The manufacturer of the Enfamil formula, Mead Johnson Nutrition, says their Newborn powder tested negative for the bacterium before it was shipped, but Walmart has decided to recall all 12.5 ounce cans with the batch number Z-P-1-J-7-G as a precautionary measure.