Yes, there's an actual name for that fancy little cardboard coffee sleeve thing.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I've always referred to it as "the thing you put on your coffee so you don't burn your hands" and I never really thought twice about what it was actually called.

Are you ready for this? Are you ready to know what the cardboard sleeve you put around your coffee is called?

According to Wikipedia, it's called a zarf. I know that sounds like a lie and a completely made up word, but it's legit I promise!

The first documented use of the zarf surprisingly goes all the way back to thirteenth century Turkey, but historians think that it was probably invented in Ethiopia. The zarf was originally made from metal and sometimes even decorated with precious stones and gems.

Hey, Starbucks, you need to step up your zarf game!

More From 99.9 KTDY