South Louisiana summers are brutally hot. Temperatures have approached the 100 degree mark in recent days. That kind of heat can seriously damage your smartphone. Those things aren't cheap. Here are some tips on protecting your investment. Never charge your phone in direct sunlight. Charging heats your device, and putting it in direct sunlight can cause overheating. Don't leave it in the car. Temperatures inside your car can top 115 degrees on a 95 degree day. Apple says iphones shouldn't be exposed to temperatures above 113 degrees. If your phone gets overheated, don't try to cool it off in the freezer. Internal condensation can do serious damage. Don't charge it under your  pillow. That traps heat. Remember, if it's too hot for you, it's too hot for your phone.

More From 99.9 KTDY