Festival International De Louisiane Survival Tips
This weekend, hundreds of thousands of people will gather in Lafayette for Festival International de Louisiane. People come from all over the world. It seems like most of them come from Africa, Europe, and Canada. If you're visiting the Hub City, we welcome you. It's a long festival (Wed. - Sun.) There's a lot to see and do. It can wear you out. Here are a few tips.
- Don't try to do & see everything. You quite simply can't!
- Download the festival app. It's free. There's bio of virtually all the performers. You can prioritize & make your personal schedule.
- Eat breakfast! It's a long day.
- Hydrate! This is doubly important if you're consuming alcohol. Alternate between your chosen adult beverage and water.
European and Canadian visitors, this next thing is especially important for you. You're hundreds of miles closer to the equator than home. This is a sub tropical climate. Temperatures are expected to approach 90 degrees fahrenheit (32 Celsius). The sun is more direct.
- Use sunscreen. Wear loose fitting, light colored clothing, and a hat.
- Don't forget to eat. It'll boost your stamina, and there's a huge variety of great food available.
Bienvenu a Lafayette! Have a great time!