Nine Interesting Or Not-So-Interesting Facts About Krewe De Bayou’s ‘King Samedi I’ Dwight Prudhomme
Krewe De Bayou's "VooDoo Masquerade Ball" is right around the corner, January 29th at La Marquise in Parc Lafayette. Tickets and tables are still available for this Krewe that's all about you HERE. By now, you've had the chance to get to know "Queen Marie Laveau I" Jenny Krueger. Now, it's time for you to get to know "King Samedi I", Dwight Prudhomme, Vice President of Republic National Distributing Company.
Of course, formal attire and even themed VooDoo costumes are encouraged. Table Decorating contest, Costume contest, along with the ultimate New Orleans band, The Bucktown Allstars, will provide the music for dancing and passing a good time with your significant sweetie, or just a table full of party people that love the Mardi Gras season.
So without any further adieu, here are "Nine Interesting Or Not-So-Interesting" Facts about "King Samedi I" Dwight Prudhomme!
1. I collect classic golf clubs. I own 47 putters (last count).
2. Wrote a golf article for a local publication (008 Magazine) under the ghost writer name of Donnie Niblick, a few years ago.
3. Played QB for the USL Ragin Cajuns football team from 1979 – 82. True story: Had a coach tell me heading back out on the field, after throwing 4 interceptions; "Remember, we’re wearing the white jerseys”. I then proceeded to throw my fifth.
4. Sports heroes are Bart Starr and Arnold Palmer. (I’ve met both of them)
5. Music fanatic with preferences that range from Sinatra to Haggard. I have both artist’s karaoke tunes on my playlist.
6. As a youngster, I played the Trumpet and French Horn in the band. I am currently learning the guitar (never too old).
7. 30 years in the alcohol beverage industry. My favorite drink is the Manhattan (Bourbon, Sweet Vermouth, dash of bitters). My favorite wine is an Old Vine Zinfandel (especially with a steak).
8. I enjoy cooking and entertaining, especially tailgating for UL Football games.
9. I enjoy the occasional cigar.