Investigators in Scott believe that an explosion that happened yesterday was caused by a leaking bottle of propane gas. The explosion happened about 4 PM Wednesday (Nov.7) afternoon in the 400 block of Olive Vista Drive.

Fire officials in Scott believe the man that was injured in the blast left the propane canister in his truck. It is believed the canister tipped over or began leaking and filled the vehicle with gas. When the truck's owner returned to the vehicle and opened the door the gas inside ignited.

The victim, who has not been identified as of this writing, was taken to a hospital with reported second-degree burns on his arms and face. The man's injuries are not thought to be life-threatening at this time.