Lafayette Hurricane Handbook Is Now Available
To help everyone in Lafayette Parish be better prepared for hurricanes and tropical storms, Lafayette Utilities System has released the 2011 edition of the Hurricane Handbook. This 40-page handbook features a variety of in-depth information including a directory of important phone numbers, evacuation routes, tips for family members with special needs, a hurricane tracking map, family emergency planning information and checklist, generator and chainsaw safety, mitigation, and much more. More than ever, Acadiana residents need to know the importance of being prepared and having a family plan in place. The free LUS Hurricane Handbook is available:
- Online at www.LUS.org/handbook.
- At the following locations, while quantities last:
- City-Parish Consolidated Government Building, 705 W. University Ave.
- LUS Fiber/LUS Customer Service Center, 1875 W. Pinhook Rd., Suite B
- LUS Administrative Building, 1314 Walker Road
- Lafayette Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness, 800 S. Buchanan St.
- Lafayette Police Department, 900 E. University Ave.
- KLFY-TV 10, 1808 Eraste Landry Road
- Lafayette Public Libraries
Main Branch, 301 W. Congress St.
Chenier Branch, 220 W. Willow St.
North Regional Branch, 5101 N. University Ave.
South Regional Branch, 6101 Johnston St.
Broussard Broussard City Hall, 310 East Main Street
Carencro Carencro City Hall, 210 East St. Peter Street
Duson Duson Town Hall, 498 Toby Mouton Road
Scott Scott City Hall, 420 Lions Club Road
Youngsville Youngsville City Hall, 305 Iberia Street