Classic Mardi Gras Party Recipes
If you are looking to throw a party, or maybe just tailgate at some Mardi Gras parades, then you're going to need some delish food to get you fortified to catch some beads, sha! And considering that food in Louisiana is generally just awesome anyway, the people at Southern Living want to help you get ready to throw the classic Mardi Gras Party!
You've got to start out with cocktails (duh), so the Sazerac, one of New Orleans' most famous drinks, is a perfect choice.Then, moving on to a menu full of carnival treats, check out some of our favorites below.
- Citrus Marinated Shrimp with Louis Sauce is a great appetizer to kick off the festivities with.
- John's Red Beans and Rice is the classic comfort food for a chilly Carnival season, y'all.
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo - what would Fat Tuesday be without this traditional favorite?
- Cajun Corn Maque Choux is a delicious, and oh so Louisiana, side dish
- Easy Mini Muffulettas are the perfect portable treat for the parade route.
- Okra Creole over rice is a great main dish for after all that bead catching, or you can use it for a budget friendly side dish.
- Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce, and King Cake for dessert, of course!