Autism Night With Acadiana Cane Cutters Baseball
Autism Society of Acadiana is asking that you purchase tickets for a night at the ballpark, Thursday, August 1, to watch the Acadiana Cane Cutters go up against the Brazos Valley Bombers of Bryan, TX.
A portion of the sales (through the online portal and other sales) made prior to the game will go to the Autism Society of Acadiana/Sky's The Limit, when purchasers specify that they are supporting Autism Society Acadiana. The special code you will need for online purchases is just the word 'autism'. Tickets bought online will be available in Will Call at the Box Office the day of the game.
You can also email Kyle Nelams with the Cane Cutters telling him the number of tickets you need, send a check in the mail, and he can then send out your tickets. Or, stop by the office at Fabacher Field to purchase tickets anytime, Mon-Fri, 8:30AM-5:00PM. Be sure to mention at the Box Office that your purchase is to support Autism Society Acadiana!
For more information, contact Autism Society Acadiana, 337-235-4425 or via email, Contact@AcadianaAutism.org.
Fun Facts about the Acadiana Cane Cutters
- The team was started back in September of 2010 and they will begin the third ever season on May 30th. They will play 60 games this season with 30 at home and 30 away.
- The Cane Cutters are the only in state member of the Texas Collegiate League which is made up of six teams. The league has produced MLB players like Hunter Pence, Clay Bucholtz, and Chris Davis.
- The Cane Cutters Head Coach Lonny Landry is a former Ragin Cajun and was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 9th round.
- Taylor Dugas holds the team season records for Batting Avg. (.329), runs scored (36), and stolen bases (30).
- Dugas was also elected the TCL’s Most Valuable Player Award in 2011, and was drafted in the 8th round of MLB draft by the New York Yankees.
- Returning Cane Cutter Catcher Mitchell Nau set the record for hits in a season with (52) in 2012 and was voted the TCL’s best Catcher.
- Kaleb Manuel and Kelby Langston both set pitching records in 2012, Manuel with wins (6), and Langston with ERA (1.32). Both were selected to the TCL All-Star team.
For more information about the Acadiana Cane Cutters and to see our roster and upcoming schedule please visit our website at CaneCuttersBaseball.com.