Accent Tag Shows How People Talk Around the World
This meme shows people around the world pronouncing a list of words and answering questions. I couldn't find a single one from Lafayette, so I did one. It's pretty amusing to hear all the different dialects. I selected a few places and pared them down to the list below- some of these people went on forever before they actually got to the words and the questions. There were quite a few from New Orleans and 'Louisiana,' though. My accent is not very interesting so I encourage everyone to check these out, then make your own video (the list of words is at the bottom), upload it to YouTube and title it 'Accent Tag- Lafayette, Louisiana' - tag KTDY and send us the link so we can share them with everyone!
The list of words:
Wash, Oil, Theater, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, Spitting Image, Syrup, Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pyjamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminum, Envelope.
And the questions:
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the kind of spider (or spider-like creature) that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What do you say to address a group of people?