State Fire Marshal Announces Guidelines For Outdoor Church
Churches have been given a green light to hold in-person church services, but there are some specific guidelines. State Fire Marshal Butch Browning announced specific guidelines to make sure the gatherings are safe for everyone.
- The capacity is subject to social distancing requirements and spacing of seated attendees with strict supervision provided by crowd managers;
- Limit group seating to persons who are members of the same household;
- Modify human contact as part of any religious ceremony
- State-approved fire extinguisher within 75 feet of the tent area
- Minimum 7-foot, 6-inch headroom (ceiling height)
Governor Edwards made the exception to the full ban on church gatherings on the same day he officially extended the stay-at-home order through May 15th.
You can read the full requirements for churches hoping to have outdoor services this Sunday.
41 “Porchraits” That Perfectly Document Our Lafayette Locals While They Shelter In Place