Meals For Lafayette Public School Students Start Tuesday
For many children in Lafayette Parish Public schools, one of the big things that happens for them each school day is that they receive good nutrition in the form of school meals.
With Governor John Bel Edwards' proclamation Friday closing K-12 schools, plenty of students and their parents were worried about meals for their students. Food insecurity for many students is a daily worry.
The Lafayette Parish School System is reporting that daily meals for public school students who need them will begin tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
Lafayette Parish School System Spokeswoman Allison Dickerson says that both breakfast and lunch will be available for pick-up to school students.
Now, there are some guidelines. Dickerson says the student that is getting the good must be present to get their meals. She adds that there will be NO exceptions to this rule.
You will be able to pick-up your child's food between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
The pick-up is going to be available for students during each day of the work week.
You will not need to get out our your car. The food will be delivered to you through the window of your car, or they will be given straight to the student if they walk up to the school.
The following is the list of schools and addresses were students can get their meals:
- Alice Boucher Elementary School 400 Patterson Street in Lafayette
- Broussard Middle School 1325 South Morgan Avenue in Broussard
- Carencro Middle School 4301 North University Avenue in Carencro
- Charles Burke Elementary School 2845 Ridge Road in Duson
- Corporal Michael Middlebrook Elementary School 1801 Kaliste Saloom Road in Lafayette
- Edgar Marn Middle School 401 Broadmoor Blvd. in Lafayette
- J.W. Faulk Elementary School 711 East Willow Street in Lafayette
- L. Leo Judice Elementary School 5801 Cameron Street in Scott
- Lafayette Middle School 1301 West University Avenue in Lafayette
- Live Oak Elementary School 3020 North University Avenue in Lafayette
- Milton Elementary & Middle School 222 West Milton Avenue in Milton
- Paul Breaux Middle School 1400 S Orange St in Lafayette
- S.J. Montgomery Elementary School 600 Foreman Drive in Lafayette
- Youngsville Middle School 600 Church Street in Youngsville
Dickerson says if your student does have some type of special dietary need, please make sure that you call the Meal Service Hotline. There number is 337-521-7370.
You need to call that line so you can coordinate with them on where you will be picking up that meal. This is for students who already have some type of special dietary need that is already on record with their school.