Henderson Man Arrested on Burglary Charges
Deputies with the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office received information that a vehicle that was suspected of being used in recent vehicle burglaries in the Henderson area, was seen in the area of George Dupuis Rd Saturday afternoon.
Upon arrival to the scene, officers observed the suspected vehicle in the driveway of a residence located in the 1000 block of George Dupuis Road.
Upon further investigation, Deputies received permission to search and several items from the vehicle burglaries were located and recovered.
Following the investigation, Trent Duplechin, 29, Henderson, LA., was arrested on the following charges:
- Outstanding Warrant For Lafayette-Failure To Appear (Warrant-Illegal Possession of Stolen Things)
- R.S. 14:62 Simple Burglary of a Motor Vehicle (8 counts)
He also faces the following additional charges in connection with yesterday’s arrest:
- R.S. 32:415 Driving Under Suspension
- R.S. 40:967/C Possession of Schedule II Controlled Dangerous Substance
- R.S. 14:95 Illegal Carrying of a Weapon
- R.S. 14:95.1 Carrying of Firearm by Convicted Felon
He was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the above charges. The investigation remains ongoing.