Fundraiser Created for Lafayette Parish Musicians Who Have Lost Gigs
There are a lot of folks hurting financially with the shut down of so many sectors of our community. One of the professions being hit hard right now is our local musicians.
We have some things here at the station we're working on to help out those without an income stream right now. However, there's a group putting on a fundraiser right now and you can help.
The fundraiser is called the "Lost My Gig Fund" and is being put on by Social Entertainment in partnership with Acadiana Center for the Arts, The Current, and Downtown Lafayette.
This pilot program's goal is to raise funds for musicians in Lafayette Parish that make a living playing music and who have had gigs canceled.
To be eligible to receive funds through this campaign, musicians simply need to meet the following requirements:
- Make a living playing music.
- Sustained substantial financial loss as a result of COVID-10 related (event).
If you're a musician and meet these requirements, you can apply for support through the fundraiser by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and send in your answers to the following by 5:00 pm on March 31.
- Your name.
- For how long you have been playing music for a living?
- Number of shows canceled? Provide dates and venues.
- How much income did you lose this month as a result of these cancellations?
- Required to tape a one minute video from your home thanking the Acadiana Community for the support. Your video will be requested after you receive your donation.
Proceeds will be distributed equally among Lafayette Parish musicians that qualify for the Lost My Gig fund.
For those interested in donating to the fund, click here and follow the links to donate.
As of this writing (3/18/20, 6:00 am), $6,145 has been raised through the fund.