Fun Things to do in Louisiana This Weekend
Many of us have been cooped up for months due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. This puts us in a pretty unusual position because us Louisiana folks like to get out and about at this time of year! If you feel like busting out for some adventure, safely of course, then the folks at our Louisiana Tourism Department have some amazing suggestions for you this weekend. If a stay-cation is your thing, then check out some of the fun events below happening this weekend across Louisiana. I'm adding in a few of my own, BTW.
- Farmers Markets. Saturday morning you can choose from the Hub City Farmers Market and the Farmers and Artisans Market at Moncus Park, both in Lafayette. Also, the Red Stick Farmers Market in Baton Rouge is one of my favorites.
- Festival des Arts, Arnaudville. This new arts and crafts festival will be held on the grounds of Maison Stephanie, a historic home on Bushnell Highway, and is happening Saturday, November 21 from 10 am - 5:00 pm, and Sunday, November 22 from noon - 5:00 pm.
- Natchitoches Christmas Festival. November 21-January 2. This is the 94th year for this uniquely Louisiana holiday event, held along the banks of the beautiful Cane River
- Logansport Christmas Festival. Parades, arts and crafts vendors, and lots of holiday cheer when the official lighting of the downtown Christmas tree kicks off the festive season
- Market at the Mill, New Roads. One of my favorite holiday events. Local, state and regional artists and craftsmen come together in the historic former cotton mill November 20-22. If you are looking for handcrafted Christmas gifts, this is your place.
10 Old School Christmas Specials That Hit You in the Feels