Five Restaurants That Closed And Five That Opened In Lafayette This Year
The restaurant business is tough, especially in Lafayette. Here are some restaurants we lost this year and a few that opened their doors.
One of the things everyone loves about Lafayette is the endless dining choices. You'd have to be really picky to not find something you love to eat in Lafayette with the various kinds of restaurants and food trucks available. That situation is great for the consumer but can be tough for the restaurateur. Here are five Lafayette restaurants we lost in 2018:
1. Southside Bakery - the Guilbeaux family retired after 65 years in business and closed the bakery last June.
2. Nimbeaux's - after 17 years of business, the owners closed so that they could retire and spend more time with their grandchildren and families.
3. Antler's - the owners closed both the Lafayette and Broussard locations after 30 years, citing the economy as the reason
4. Posado's - closed abruptly last January after almost 20 years in Lafayette
5. Pho'tastic - closed in June after almost three years in business due to a shortage of employees
While we lost some favorites this year, new restaurants were added to the Lafayette food scene:
1. Central Pizza
2. El Pollo Loco
3. Avec Bacon
4. Spoonbill Watering Hole And Restaurant
5. Poke Go
The full list of new restaurants that opened this year in Lafayette is here.