Fire At Max’s Pool Hall
Officials with the Lafayette Fire Department say, via press release, that a fire at Max's Pool Hall in Lafayette is now out.
Lafayette Fire Department Investigator Alton Trahan says that there were no injuries reported as a result of the fire. He adds that " a mechanical failure" the heating/cooling unit is to blame, and the fire was small.
Trahan says there is a huge presence of smoke inside of Max's along with the other businesses that are in that same strip-mall area.
He says the responding firefighters are working to vent the buildings to get rid of the smoke.
A Kpel listener says that there was an extreme amount of smoke can be seen coming out of the restaurant Poseidon's Restaurant.
Max's Pool Hall is located at 107 Kaliste Saloom Road right near the intersection of Kaliste Saloom at Pinhook.