Costco Employees Say They Won’t Buy These Items at the Store
I love Costco, and yes, I'm a member. With that being said, as much as I adore the free samples, great selection, and awesome sales, even I admit that there are certain things I won't purchase in the store. And that's mainly because I don't need the 5-gallon jar of jalapenos or a 15-inch cherry pie.
- Produce. Although the quality is outstanding, purchasing in bulk means that some of it goes to waste before families or individuals can eat it all. (Although, I did get a beautiful, x large pineapple today for just $2.29)
- Bakery Items. Again, huge. Some don't have the room for the extra-large pies, cakes, or super size sleeves of cookies and bagels. The value is good, just too big.
- Gallon Size Mayonnaise. It would take a lot of sandwiches to get your value out of this gigantic container. And once open, gotta refrigerate that baby, which takes up a lot of shelf space in the fridge.
- New Products. If they don't like it, they are stuck with a six month supply.
- Books and DVDs. One employee said they are too expensive. I personally think they are a great value, especially if you are giving as a gift.
- Nothing. Some of the employees said they would buy everything from their store if they had the disposable income to buy in bulk.