You Only Have to Clean These Things Once A Year
Spring cleaning is always so cathartic for me, and sometimes I have to remember that I don't have to wait until spring to do a really thorough cleaning! I know this might sound crazy, but cleaning the house makes me feel sooo good. You can actually see your accomplishments!
So, when I found this list from Good Housekeeping of things you only have to clean once a year, I felt like I hit the jackpot! I'm sharing in the hopes that you'll be as excited as I was!
- Windows - inside and out
- Curtains and Drapes - this does not include valances on boards, which can be vacuumed
- Chimney - clean the ashes with a shop vac, then wipe down with wet paper towels. A once a year inspection by a professional is also recommended
- Your dryer - pull it out, disconnect the duct, and vacuum in and around the dryer
- Upholstered furniture - deep cleaning should probably be done by a professional
- Your garage and basement - a yearly purge is always a good idea to re-evaluate what you actually need, and what you don't
- Heating ducts and air conditioning vents - cleaned and vacuumed
- Outdoor furniture - a good scrub down once a year makes a huge difference, especially when we are outdoors so much here in Louisiana
- Your carpet - not a regular cleaning, but a deep clean once a year. A professional can also help if you don't want to rent the equipment
- Your gutters - you can do it yourself, but if you are scared to jump on the roof, it's time to hire a pro