Possible Traffic Delays For New Orleans Bowl Travelers
A traffic note for those making the trip to New Orleans this weekend.
There is ongoing construction along I-10 in Baton Rouge from around the I-10/I-12 split area to the Blue Bayou area. This roughly 7 mile stretch of construction could mean massive delays and holdups for travelers hitting the area while work is in progress.
Some alternate routes to consider are:
- HWY 90 to completely bypass
- I-12 to Airline Highway East, then left at Perkins Rd to I-10
- Highland Rd just of Mississippi River Bridge back to I-10
- HWY 190 [Becomes Airline HWY] to Perkins Rd to I-10
- 110 to Florida Blvd (east) to Airline HWY, left at Perkins Rd to I-10
Please pass this information along to all those planning on making the trip.