Acadian Hospice and Palliative Care
Volunteers are needed to help bring compassion and supprot to patients and families dealing with terminal illnesses.
Acadian Hospice and Palliative Care is looking for volunteers to help provide services that are urgently needed for patients and families.
Caring for the terminally ill is a labor of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. If you have a passion for helping others, consider becoming a hospice volunteer. You can make a profound difference in the lives of patients and their loved ones.
Volunteers from all walks of life are welcome. Whether you contribute your time and talents directly with patients or prefer to work behind the scenes, you are invited to become a member of a dedicated group of compassionate caregivers who serve as vital members of our hospice team. The volunteer’s most important role is that of a loving and supportive presence.
Volunteer Areas of Service
• Caregiver Relief/Support
• Honoring Veterans
• Meal Preparation
• Light housekeeping
• Music therapy for individual
• Weekly phone visits with caregivers or patients
• Answer phone in the hospice office
• Assist staff with duties within the agency
• Assemble mailings
• Follow up with families after the death through visits, calls or cards
• Assist with memorial services
• Assemble bereavement mail outs