Acadian Culture Day
- 300 Fisher Road, Lafayette, LA 70508 United States
The community is invited to celebrate the annual Acadian Culture Day on Sunday, August 12th from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. This FREE event will explore how the Acadian community maintains its heritage. This year’s theme will focus on "What’s Happening Now."
Activities will include:
- Live music by the The Babineaux Sisters, Jason Bergeron
- Community booths (i.e. The New Acadia Project, CODOFIL, The Acadian Memorial, The Richard Guidry Foundation, etc.)
- French table
- Boat tours and canoeing
- Open Cajun Jam session for all skill levels
- Sharing circle on "Being Cajun Today"
- Film showings
- Historical & contemporary cooking demonstrations
- Kids’ crafts
- Demonstrations (i.e. musket firing, trapping, courier des bois, fiddle making, accordion making, dance lessons and more).
A huge thank you to this year's sponsors - The Louisiana Division of the Arts Decentralized Arts Funding Grant, Lafayette Consolidated Government, Acadiana Center for the Arts, Party Central and The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation.
Mark your calendar! See you soon for this family-oriented, fun-filled day of cultural exchange. Don't forget to share with others and bring them along with you. It's a FREE event!