Governor Edwards Extends Statewide Mask Mandate
For the past week, everyone has been focused on Hurricane Ida - both in preparing for the storm and in the aftermath.
And that was the main focus of a press conference on Wednesday during which Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards discussed his tour of the destruction and the anticipation of President Joe Biden's upcoming visit to tour the destruction himself.
But, COVID is still on Edwards' mind, and his statewide mask mandate that he ordered on September 4th was set to expire on Wednesday.
EXCEPTIONS TO MANDATE
Edwards did list some exceptions to the mask mandate, such as:
- Anyone who has a medical condition that prevents the wearing of a face covering.
- Anyone who is consuming a drink or food
- Anyone who is trying to communicate with a person who is hearing impaired
- Anyone who is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience
- Anyone temporarily removing his or her face covering for identification purposes
Foods That Boost Natural Sun Protection
Things You Want or Need After Surviving A Hurricane