COVID Testing Sites in Acadiana This Week
I did something this morning that I've never done before. I got tested for COVID-19. My reasons are the same as they are for everyone else, I have several friends and family members who have tested positive, and there is no time like the present to find out if I have it or not. I haven't been feeling sick, at all, but as my Mother used to say "You can't put a price on peace of mind." So I went to one of the testing sites offered in Acadiana this week by the Louisiana Office of Public Health and the Louisiana National Guard. Thanks to KLFY for providing the locations.
Not gonna lie, I was a little nervous, which is probably hilarious to the two doctors in my immediate family. But, speaking from experience, the key to this whole process is being prepared, and getting the paperwork done in advance. The test itself was administered by a member of the Louisiana National Guard, and was painless, and quick. If you are going to get tested this week, make sure you register in advance with this link. You do have to be at least 18 years old to get registered and tested on this site. And its completely drive thru, so you don't even have to get out of your car. The locations for Acadiana are listed below. Y'all stay safe at there.
All tests are free, and results will be available online in 3-5 days. You must wear a mask, even in the drive thru, and children aged 5-17 do not have to register. On site registration will be available. All testing is done from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. For further info call 337- 262-5311
- Lafayette Parish. November 16-20 at the Lafayette Parish Health Unit at 220 West Willow, Lafayette
- St Martin Parish. November 16 at the St Martin Parish Health Unit at 330 W. Post, St Martinville
- Iberia Parish. November 17 at the Iberia Parish Health Unit at 715 B Weldon St., New Iberia
- St Landry Parish. November 18 at the Opelousas Civic Center at 1638 Creswell Ln.
- Acadia Parish. November 19 at the Acadia Parish Rice Arena at 159 Cherokee Dr., Crowley
- Evangeline Parish. November 19 at the Mt. Pilgram Baptist Church at 6558 Pine Point Rd., Ville Platte
- Vermilion Parish. November 20 at the Vermilion Parish Health Unit at 2501 Charity St.,Abbeville.