Christmas at Coteau is Dec 2-6
The 36th annual shopping market and Christmas celebration at the Academy of the Sacred Heart and Berchmans Academy is going on as planned for 2020, despite some changes to the beloved yearly tradition. Christmas at Coteau has always been one of my favorite holiday events, and my friends and I have made it a point to attend each year. If you've ever been, you know how special it is.
Well, this year some things will change, but the spirit of the magical event in historic Grand Coteau remains the same. According to the official Christmas at Coteau website and Facebook page, organizers are saying "While we are unable to welcome our guests and merchants on campus this year, we plan to infuse all of the Christmas at Coteau holiday spirit into off-site and virtual events both for our local businesses and our guests." Some of the festivities are listed below, but be sure to check out the entire schedule for this holiday happening. And if you see an event that requires tickets, get them fast before they sell out, as some events will be limited.
- Wednesday, December 2. The virtual holiday shopping experience will include some of the traditional vendors you've come to know and love, and also some new businesses. Everything from children's apparel to handmade specialty items will be available through their Private Facebook Christmas at Coteau Shopping Group.
- Thursday, December 3. The virtual shopping experience continues, with the added Very Merry Christmas Party, which is a must for those who need some tips fo entertaining during the holidays.
- Friday, December 4. Virtual holdiay shopping and the wildly popular Christmas at Coteau luncheons, which this year will be held at a local restaurant.
- Saturday, December 5. Virtual holiday shopping continues along with the Cookies and Cocoa virtual children's event.
- Sunday, December 6. Last day for the virtual shopping event. Deck your halls with some of our finest local vendors!