The Most Romantic Places in Louisiana
We live in a very beautiful state. There are so many locations that are perfect for romance, and I wanted to pass some of them along to you. Because let's be honest, these spots are pretty much perfect for everyone, whether you have that special someone in your life or not. Thanks to the folks at Only in Louisiana for reminding us of these destinations, where you can always find love in the air! Let us know in the comments if you have a romantic spot that you want to share.
- Houmas House Plantation, Darrow - site of many movies that were filmed on the grounds of this historic home
- Cajun Country Cottages, Breaux Bridge - romantic views along beautiful Bayou Teche
- Woldenberg River Front Park, New Orleans - across the street from Jackson Square, with a beautiful view of the Mississippi River
- Oak Alley Plantation, Vacherie - one of Louisiana's most famous and picturesque locations
- Hodges Gardens, Florien - beautiful park, and famous for their Easter sunrise services
- Louisiana Castle, Franklinton - fit for a fairy tale evening
- Myrtles Plantation, St Francisville - the most haunted house in America, and perfect to cuddle up with that special someone
- Jungle Gardens, Avery Island - home of Tabasco, and lush vegetation
- The Garden American Rose Center, Shreveport - unique and oh so fragrant!
- South Toledo Bend State Park, Anoco - amazing sunsets over the reservoir
- Sicily Falls WMA, Sicily Island - a hidden treasure near the Mississippi border
- Rip Van Winkle Gardens, New Iberia - 20 acres overlooking Lake Peigneur