Lafayette’s Moncus Park Announces Free Classes for the Public
The wait is finally over and Lafayette residents are excited about the news that Moncus Park is officially open.
However, there is more exciting news coming out about the park.
Moncus Park has announced that they have teamed up with several local groups to offer free classes to the public.
"These programs focus on three core pillars: arts and culture, health and wellness, and environmental education," a park post states. "Programs range from dance and yoga classes to French lessons and more! These classes and seminars cater to ALL ages and are free to the public."
The free classes will start next week at the park. You can find the full list of class offerings on the Moncus Park website.
Here are some of the classes you can take at Moncus Park:
Health & Wellness:
- The Space Yoga Studio: Yoga in the Park
- Embody Zest, LLC: Franklin Method- Dynamic Imagery for Balance and Flexibility
- Stretch -N- Grow: Yoga and Fitness Classes
- CrossFit Acadiana: Bridging Fitness and Healthcare
- ZydeFit: ZydeFit Workout Class
Arts & Culture:
- École Saint-Landry: French en plein air (French outdoors)
- Spoken Red: Zydeco Dance Classes
Lafayette Art Association: Visual Art Activities
- Gayle Webre, Author: Presentation of When I Was An Alligator