Are These the Riskiest Places to Catch Coronavirus?
Americans are doing everything we can to avoid getting sick with coronavirus, and the folks at Eat This, Not That are giving us the heads up on places that might be more risky than others to get it. I don't know about you, but I'm certainly paying attention. Check out th top ten below, and check out the rest of the list here. And y'all be careful out there!
- Bars. We're not surprised about this one, but we sure do miss heading to our favorite watering hold on a Friday afternoon for a cold one. Risk on Scale of 1 to 10: 8.85
- Nursing Homes. Akmost 40% of all deaths linked to COVID-19 have been attributed to long term care facilities and nursing homes. Risk on Scale of 1 to 10: 8.73
- Indoor Theaters and Churches. A hotbed of coronavirus activity, and also a controversial choice. Packed religious events have proven to be fatal in some cases. Risk on Scale of 1 to 10: 8.15
- Restaurants with indoor seating. According to Dr Fauci, it's best to avoid indoor seating at all. Outdoor seating is best. Risk on Scale of 1 to 10: 7.54
- Outdoor stadiums/large events. I don't think anyone is surprised about this one, but it's sure going to make it more difficult to enjoy a football game this fall, unfortunately. Risk on Scale of 1 to 10: 7.54
- Gyms. Some epidemiologists agree that we really shouldn't be working out at indoor gyms right now, at all. Viral transmission seem to be rampant in these areas. Risk on Scale of 1 to 10: 7.50
- Outdoor gatherings, with no social distancing. According to experts, you are putting yourself at severe risk by not following guidelines on how many people you congregate with. BBQ's, family gatherings and graduation parties seem to have been responsible for massive outbreaks. Risk on Scale of 1 to 10: 7.38
- Airports. Way more risky than airplanes. All those security lines....Risk on Scale of 1 to 10: 6.73
- Airplane. Social distancing is extremely difficult in a small environment, especially for a couple of hours being squeezed in like sardines. Risk on Scale of 1 to 10: 6.65
- Hospitals. Even with strictly enforced protocols, there is still a pretty big risk of catching SOMETHING. Risk on Scale of 1 to 10: 6.24
Things People Are Doing During Pandemic to Entertain Themselves