My sister's cypress tree was struck by lightning yesterday morning when the weather blew through Abbeville, and the aftermath shows the power of lightning.

 

The lightning hit the tree, traveled to the shed next to the tree, then through the electrical lines, to the house.  Here's what's left of the wires:

A quick check showed that two phones, one television, a modem, a router, a lamp and the air conditioner control panel are fried, as well as the whole electrical system in the shed.

Today she'll test the washer, dryer, microwave, etc, to check for proper operation.

No one was injured, but I am certain that the squirrels were a little, er, um.... squirrelly?