Ten Things You May Not Know About Tina Turner [VIDEO]
Ten Things You May Not Know About Tina Turner
- Tina Turner’s real name is 'Anna Mae Bullock.'
- Tina Turner is a quarter Native American, an eighth Caucasian, and three quarters African-American.
- Tina Turner recorded the song 'A Fool In Love' because the singer scheduled to record the song didn’t show up! “A Fool In Love” turned out to be a huge hit on the pop charts.
- Ike Turner gave Tina Turner her name which was inspired by Sheena: Queen of the Jungle.
- 'Proud Mary' never went to number one.
- In January 1988, Tina Turner performed in front of the largest paying audience to see a single performer. During the Brazil show, over 184,000 Tina Turner tickets were sold, which is a record in the Guinness Book of World Records. Tina Turner still holds this record!
- Tina Turner’s song 'Simply the Best' has become something of an anthem thanks to inspirational lyrics and one of the most successful singles of Tina Turner’s career.
- Tina Turner and Ike were married from 1962 to 1978.
- Ike and Tina Turner had one son named Ronnie Turner, born in 1964.
- Tina Turner’s biggest tour was the 1987 Break Every Rule Tour
Tina Turner Having Fun