Tax Free Weekend for Hurricane Prep Supplies
This weekend will be a good time to stock up on supplies you might need for hurricane season. Saturday May 25 and Sunday May 26 are days when you will not have to pay the four-percent state sales tax on items ranging from batteries to generators. The exemption applies up to the first 15-hundred dollars of each item purchased.
Here's the complete list of exempt items:
- portable self-powered light source;
- portable self-powered radio, two-way radio, or weather band radio;
- tarpaulin or other flexible waterproof sheeting;
- any ground anchor system or tie-down kit;
- any gas or diesel fuel tank;
- any package of AAA-cell, AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, or 9-volt batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries;
- any cellular phone battery and any cellular phone charger;
- any non-electric food storage cooler;
- any portable generator used to provide light or communications or preserve food in the event of a power outage;
- any “storm shutter device,” as defined in the Act;
- any carbon monoxide detector; and
- any blue ice product.
Get all the details HERE.