Sweet and Salty Brussels Sprouts – Cookin’ With Marilyn
This is a great side dish to serve on Thanksgiving. Hope yours is happy and delicious!
Sweet and Salty Brussels Sprouts
2 cups brussels sprouts
3\4 cup thick cut bacon, cubed
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1\4 cup brown sugar
1. Cut off root end of brussels sprouts, then cut in half
2. In large skillet, cook bacon until brown and crunchy. Set aside to drain on paper towel,remove all but 2 Tbsps of drippings.
3. In same skillet,add brussels sprouts and allow to caramelize on one side. Deglaze pan with vinegar, using a spatula to scrape up all brown bits and mix into sprouts. (Remember, there is flavor in the brown!!)
4. Continue to saute the brussels sprouts on high heat for a few more minutes until fork tender.
5. Add bacon back into pan, along with brown sugar. Stir until sugar has completely dissolved and has evenly coated the sprouts.
6. Serve alongside your turkey and ENJOY!