Sammy Kershaw’s Louisiana Home Catches Fire
Sammy Kershaw‘s home in Lafayette, La. was damaged in a fire that broke out in the kitchen on Thursday (April 4). The property sustained heavy smoke damage, but thankfully, no one was injured in the blaze.
Kershaw actually started the fire, albeit accidentally. He was grabbing cans of homemade spices that he was delivering to a friend when box in which the spices were housed slid over the stove and caught the knobs that light the burners. Kershaw believes that flammable items on the stovetop were ignited.
He had left home and learned of the blaze from his alarm company. He returned to the house and had to act quickly by using towels to smother the flames until firefighters arrived shortly thereafter.
Despite the smoke damage, Kershaw is remaining positive, since things could have been much worse. “You’ve got to count your blessings… every one of them,” the singer said in a statement. “This could have been so much worse. The guardian angel that God assigned to me is always working overtime.”
This is the second time in recent months that Kershaw has dealt with a terrifying incident — he was involved in a bus accident while on the road late last year.
[Via Taste of Country]