Neighborhood Cleanup Day is Saturday
Residents of Lafayette and the unincorporated areas of Lafayette Parish can get rid of items which are normally difficult to dispose of. The third annual Neighborhood Clean-up takes place Saturday in conjunction with local government and Allied Waste on Saturday, October 27, 2012.
Wood, doors and other construction debris, fencing, toilets, bicycles, swing sets, wall-to-wall carpeting, ceiling fans and other small appliances will be accepted at each of the six designated site from 7 AM to 1PM.
The six drop-off locations are:
- Pa Davis Park at 120 Dawn St.
- Fabacher Field at 221 La Neuville Rd.
- Neyland Park/Robicheaux Center at 1919 Eraste Landry Rd.
- Brown Park at 1234 E. Pont de Mouton Rd.
- Debaillon Park at 510 Saucier Dr. (enter from Walker Rd.)
- The Heymann Performing Arts Center at 1373 S. College Rd. (site is across the street [PASA Place] from the Heymann Center).
Items that will not be accepted include:
- automotive batteries
- large appliances, (i.e. stoves, refrigerators, etc.)
- gas powered equipment
For more information call the Community Development Department at 291-8423.