Job Opening At Children’s Museum
The Children's Museum of Acadiana is in search of a Maintenance Person. They are seeking a kind, energetic person interested in being in a dynamic work environment. The Children's Museum of Acadiana (CMA) is a private non-profit hands-on museum serving children and their families, schools, and community organizations by providing interactive exhibits, workshops, performance and special events. Hourly pay; DOE
Maintenance Personnel are responsible for but not limited to the following tasks:
- Keep building in clean and orderly condition.
- Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, and washing walls.
- Clean museum floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash; dumpster upkeep
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- General knowledge of heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Maintain green space using rakes, hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for special events. Able to climb stairs and ladders
- Woodworking/basic carpentry a plus
Please apply in person at the CMA, Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am until 4:00 PM. Applications accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please. Children’s Museum of Acadiana is an EOE.
Children’s Museum of Acadiana
201 E. Congress Street (Downtown)
Lafayette, LA 70501