How To Get Your Money’s Worth At A Buffet, Eat More Before Getting Full
The buffet is $12.50 but you walk to the car feeling like you've not eaten your money's worth. Here's how to eat more without getting full. These tips will work when you're at a buffet or at grandma's house for the holidays.
- Don't go into the buffet hungry. A lot of people don't eat breakfast to have more room for lunch of dinner, that's not the way to do it. Don't skip breakfast, you'll eat too fast.
- Right BEFORE dinner, go for a quick walk.
- Before you start eating, take a few deep breaths. Everyone at the table may think your asthma is acting up, but you'll know better. This will relax you. You can eat more when you're relaxed.
- As soon as you sit down to eat, head for the carbs. Protein will make you feel full faster, so stay away from the turkey, ham, meatloaf, roast, etc. until later. Also avoid vegetables. Veggies contain a lot of fiber and water which will fill you up. Don't drink a lot either.
- When you find yourself full, stand up and take another walk. This will help you to digest the food you just ate. And get this, if you had only carbs, after your walk you will want to eat again in 30 to 90 minutes.
- As a side note, try to begin with soft foods. Chewing tricks you body into thinking it's full.
[Via: Popular Science]