How Moms Really Feel About Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day Important To Moms
Totsy.com surveyed more than 7,500 moms about their expectations, sentiments and attitude on the subject of Valentine’s Day. The survey found that three out of four moms consider Valentine’s Day to be important, while 40% said they plan to celebrate the holiday at home and 23% plan to go out on the town with their loved one. Other results:
- There was a tie for the top gift, with 26% preferring a spa service and 26% wanting jewelry. Men take heed – only 2% said they preferred intimate apparel as a gift for Valentine’s Day.
- Toys barely beat candy and chocolates, 33% to 31%, when it comes to what moms are getting their kids for Valentine’s Day. Interestingly, 17% said they wouldn’t be purchasing anything for their children.
- 61% of moms categorize Valentine’s Day as a couple’s holiday; while 38% view it as a family holiday.
- 51% of moms said they would be angry if their significant other forgot about them on Valentine’s Day.
- 15% of moms said their significant other frequently forgets or is late in celebrating the holiday.
[Via: Prep Nation]