Fun Things to Do This Weekend Around Lafayette – April 11 – 13, 2014
Friday, April 11
- Corner Bar in Youngsville First Anniversary will be celebrating all day Friday, April 11! Stop on by for Live Entertainment and Happy Hour til 10:00pm. Corner Bar – Chemin Metaire Parkway in Youngsville.
- Free Annual Egg Hunt - The Martin Luther King Jr. Assoc. will be hosting their Free Annual Egg Hunt at the King Center, 309 Cora Street, April 13, 2014 at 2:30 PM.
Saturday, April 12
- The UL Spring Football Game - Saturday, April 12 at Cajun Field – 12 noon. Fun Jumps, Commemorative New Orleans Bowl poster, Meet Miss UL, Face Painting and more! See how Cajun Field construction is progressing! The Ragin’ Cajuns Student Leadership Council is inviting all fans coming out to the Spring Football Game to bring a new or slightly used children’s book. Its part of their program to spread the joy of reading by promoting childhood reading. Books can be dropped off at Gate E of Cajun Field from 11 AM- 1 PM.
- The Festival de Fleurs is Saturday and Sunday at Blackham Coliseum.
- PLAYday 2014, a summer activities fair and family fitness expo presented by Southwest Louisiana Area Health Education Center and the Women’s & Children’s Hospital Kids Specialty Center will take place 10 AM to 2 PM Saturday, April 12 on the grounds of the Kids Specialty Center on the Women’s & Children’s Hospital campus, 4600 Ambassador Caffery Parkway, Lafayette, LA 70508. Admission is free. Football and other sports, fun jumps, rock wall, carnival-style games, obstacle course, exercise demonstrations, information on healthy snacks and eating habits.
Sunday, April 13
- Easter For Autism – Acadiana Mall and the Autism Society of Acadiana present the Easter Bunny in a Sensory Friendly Atmosphere Sunday, April 13th from 9:30 – 11:30 AM.
- Water Safety Awareness Day is Sunday, April 13 at the Robicheaux Center on Eraste Landry from 1-3 PM. Did you know that 10 people drown every day in the US? We can make a difference in these statistics by educating people about Water Safety and learning to swim. Enjoy food and fun for the whole family while you learn more about water safety.
- Bridal Show – The Caldwell House is the place to be on Sunday, April 13 from 12-4 PM for the 4th annual Bridal Show. Wedding service vendors from all over Acadiana will be there to meet you, show their products, give you information, and help you make decisions on various aspects of your upcoming wedding.