First Aid App is Handy and Simple
I used to teach Lifesaving and CPR courses for the Red Cross back when we used a book and a chalkboard. Now, the information is at your fingertips with the new First Aid app. The American Red Cross has put free and simple lifesaving information right in the hands of smart phone users. It gives instant access to information on how to handle the most common first aid situations, and includes videos and interactive quizzes.To make it more interesting, they’ve added quizzes where you can earn badges to share with friends through social media to show off your lifesaving knowledge.
App features include:
- Simple step-by-step instructions for everyday first aid scenarios;
- Prioritized steps to take during an emergency, with 9-1-1 call button;
- Sharable badges to be unlocked through interactive quizzes;
- Videos and animations to make learning first aid fun and easy;
- Safety and preparedness tips for a range of conditions including severe hurricanes and tornadoes;
- Preloaded content that gives instant access to all safety information at any time.
Downloading the app is not a substitute for training, though. Learn more about American Red Cross first aid or register for a course at http://redcross.org/takeaclass.