Festival International de Louisiane 2013 – Everything You Need to Know
Festival International de Louisiane celebrates both our diversity and the common human experience that binds us together. This annual 5-day festival is held in historic Lafayette, Louisiana. Our beautiful downtown is transformed into an entertainment complex with six music stages, food courts, street musicians and animators, arts and crafts boutiques, art galleries, beverage stands, cultural workshops, international cooking demonstrations and a world music store. Festival International de Louisiane was voted Best World Music Festival by readers of about.com.
Here’s everything you need to know for Festival International 2013:
- Dates: April 24-28, 2013
- Location: Downtown Lafayette, LA
- Admission: FREE! Souvenir pins are treasured keepsakes and help keep the festival free.
- Performers include: The Wailers, Trombone Shorty, Marc Broussard, Nimbaya Women Drummers, Mariachi Las Altenas, Destination Gospel Choir and many, many more! Get the complete schedule here.
- You can even select which acts you’d like to see, and print your own personal schedule.
- ‘The Louisiana Experience’ includes cooking demonstrations, a biergarten, loads of local food, and singer/songwriter performances.
- A free shuttle runs from Cajun Field to downtown.
- The site map gives a great overview of all the venues.
- The mobile app is your official electronic guide to everything!
- And by the way, as far as attire goes, the weather here during Festival is usually beautiful- with highs around 82 and lows around 62.
Click the links or visit the full website for details.