Beware Super Bowl Ticket Scams
The Better Business Bureau Serving Acadiana is warning consumers to be wary of buying event tickets from unfamiliar people or websites or if a deal sounds too good to be true.
Buying tickets from the secondary market can be a great deal but, unfortunately, ticket fraud can occur.
Better Business Bureau Serving Acadiana offers the following tips to avoid event scams:
• Purchase from the venue.
• Consider your source.
• Check out the seller/broker. Look them up on bbb.org to learn what other customers have experienced.
• Buy only from trusted vendors. Buy online only from vendors you know and trust.
• Know the refund policy. You should only purchase tickets from a ticket reseller that provides clear details about the terms of the transaction.
• Use payment methods that come with protection. Always use a credit card so you have some recourse if the tickets are not as promised. Debit cards, wire transfer or cash transactions are risky; if the tickets are fraudulent, you won’t be able to get your money back.
• Be wary of advertisements.
• If you’re unsure, verify your tickets. Pay a visit to the arena where the event will be held. Present your ticket to “Will Call” (customer service) and they can verify if your ticket is legitimate.
Contact Better Business Bureau at (337) 981-3497 24 or bbb.org 24 hours a day for information on businesses throughout North America.
BBB Serving Acadiana services the parishes of Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Martin, St. Landry and Vermilion.