Best Way To Fix A Hangover, Eat A Tomato
There are so many opinions as to how to fix a hangover, we thought we’d give you a few suggestions just in case you overdo it this weekend.
Here in Louisiana, we’ll party at the drop of a hat, and this weekend, someone will drop a hat, trust me! If you wake up at any point over the weekend and decide you had too much to drink the night before, try this:
- If possible, try to remember to eat something fatty, such as a greasy hamburger or french fries, after a night of overindulgence. Avoid Chinese food.
- Drink lukewarm, not cold, water. About one liter should do the trick. Eating a banana or two also helps.
- Aspirin, aspirin, aspirin. Take an over-the-counter pain reliever to combat that nasty headache (Avoid acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Motrin) as they can cause liver and/or kidney problems).Get plenty of rest.
- Exercise, if possible. A nice long walk will help get your blood pumping. But be very careful, too much physical activity can actually worsen a hangover because it compounds the dehydration that already occurs when consuming alcohol.
- Drink more water.
- Make friends with your couch.
- Even if you feel sick in the morning you need to eat. The food will be tough to take down at first but it will cure that pain/nausea in your stomach. A nice breakfast of eggs, banana and orange (or other) juice will help big time. Add some tomatoes into the breakfast. Tomatoes replace virtually all of the vitamins that you lost last night. They are fresh and tasty and after one whole tomato, you’ll be feeling a little better almost instantly.